The main outcomes of the project to date are as follows:
- The development of guidelines for the establishment and monitoring
of LTPP sites.
- The development of a National database for archiving pavement performance
data. The pavement performance data is available for download (link
with the database) free of charge.
- Analysis to date suggests that pavement performance observed during
ALF trials is generally comparable with in-service pavement performance,
particularly for unbound pavements with thin bituminous surfacings.
However, the effect of the inter-relationship between factors such as
environment, age and mix of traffic loadings on pavement performance
cannot be fully addressed by accelerated pavement testing.
- Analysis of data collected during ALF trials, and the LTPPM sites,
has facilitated the calibration of the HDM-4 rutting and roughness progression
- Analysis has highlighted the need for more data to enable statistical
validation of design models and pavement performance.